SMSF Estate Planning Review Service
Typically there are two critically important questions for members of Self Managed Superannuation Funds:
- Will I have enough to fund my retirement?
- When I die will my money pass to the people I want it to pass to?
SMSFs usually provide more Estate Planning flexibility than other superannuation funds but they are also more complex and things can go wrong. A well structured SMSF and an estate plan will help ensure your superannuation savings pass to the right people in the most tax effective way possible.
The SuperIQ Technical Services team can help you understand the Estate Planning and taxation implications of your SMSFs trust deed, pensions, death benefit nominations, wills and powers of attorney. If you don't have death benefit nominations, wills or powers of attorney in place we can help you prepare these or refer you to other professionals who can.
In reviewing your Estate Plans we will help you consider the tax implications of:
- Paying death benefits to your estate
- Paying death benefits to dependents
- Paying death benefits to adult children
We will also help you:
- Structure your SMSF to help make sure your Estate Planning objectives are realised - this might include upgrading your trust deed, restructuring the fund or changing the trustee structure of your fund
- Prepare appropriate death benefit nominations - non binding, binding, lapsing, non lapsing, cascading
- Prepare appropriate Wills and Powers of Attorney (by referring you to a suitably qualified lawyer if required)
We will provide you with a simple, easy to understand, written report about the estate planing aspects of your SMSF and the actions you should consider to optimise them.
You can then decide if you want to implement the options we provide.
What will it cost?
Our initial review will take about an hour and will cost $385 inc GST (which can be paid by your fund). There may be additional charges if your circumstances are particularly complex or you want SuperIQ to assist with the implementation but we will discuss this with you and agree them before we do anything.
If you would like SuperIQ to review the estate planning aspects of your fund either email email@example.com or call us on 1300 660 598